The Juarez Family

The Juarez Family

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Hansen Dam

 Hansen Dam is like going to the beach, except you don't go to the beach.  It's15 minutes from my house, and 17 and under are FREE!!  Adults are $2.50.  I love a good bargain!


 It is a GIGANTIC wading pool, surrounded by sand, with one slide on the end - too big for my kids.  You can bring your own food, tents, etc - just like the beach.  Here is our picnic area.  We had yummy fruit and veggies for our kids.  These are our friends we met at Mommy and Me class.  The boy is Jaidyn, the girl is Toi, and Kasumi is the Mommy.


 Bee is enjoying a strawberry.
 Most of the day was spend in the sand. A very nice woman let my kids play with her sand toys, and then at the end of the day, she told us just to take them home!!  I protested a little, but I was happy to oblige. So nice.
 Notice same facial expression.

 Part of playing so close with each other involved dumping sand on each other's head.  They both were happy, I let them do it.
 Here is Jaidyn.  Bee loves to touch his hair.
Teo and Toi enjoyed swimming together.

 The water was quite cold, so Bee enjoyed bringing sand 
INTO the water.
 When I told her to stop, this was her expression.

Cold but fun.

 This is my perspective when I look down.  I love it!

2 comments:

Julie/mom said...

Good post!
Loved the pictures!
Those FACES!!! So great.

You are so nice to share; did you learn that in Kindergarten?

Candice said...

Ha ha ha, yes . . . everything you need to know you learn in kindergarten and that includes being nice and sharing!